- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp red-pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 boneless rib-eye steaks(each 8 oz and 3/4 inch thick)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 lb carrots(3-4 medium)
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into 1- inch ribbons
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts (optional)
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts, chopped (Optional)
- Make Marinade:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes, and oil. Season steak generously with salt and pepper; place in a baking dish. Pour 1/4 of marinade over steaks(reserve remaining marinade). Turn steaks to coat. Let steaks marinate up to 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook steaks on medium-high heat, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium- rare. Transfer to a cutting board; tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest, 5 a 10 minutes. Slice steaks across the grain into 1/4 inch- thick slices; halve slices crosswise. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with reserved marinade.
- With a vegetable peeler, cut carrots into long ribbons. Add to steak in bowl along with lettuce and mint; toss to combine. Divide salad among four shallow bowls. Sprinkle with bean sprouts and peanuts, if desired.
Crosswise. Transfer to a large bowl