Make all three flavored cheese balls or prepare just one or two, adjusting the ingredients accordingly.
- 1/2 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 packages cream cheese (8 ounces each)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5 dashes hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground white pepper
CHEDDAR AND CRANBERRY:
- 4 oz sharp orange cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp store-bought chutney
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- Water crackers, for serving
ROQUEFORT AND WALNUT:
- 6 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons brandy (optional)
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Vegetable chips (such as Terra Chips Sweets & Beets), for serrving
GOAT CHEESE AND SCALLIONS:
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices, for serving.
Put butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until combined.
Divide equally among 3 medium bowls.
Stir cheddar cheese and chutney with base mixture in the first bowl.
Form into a ball.
Roll cheese ball in cranberries to coat before serving.
Serve with crackers.
Stir blue cheese and shallot with base mixture in second bowl; add brandy, if desired.
Form into a ball. If not using immediately, refrigerate up to 3 days; freeze up to 1 month.
Roll in walnuts to coat before serving.
Serve with chips.
Stir goat cheese and scallions with base mixture in remaining bowl.
Form into a ball.
Roll in parsley to coat before serving.
Serve with cucumber slices.
If not using immediately, refrigerate up to 3 days; freeze up to 1 month.