- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp ground corriander
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp gram flour
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 2 cans chickpeas(garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 tsp crushed green chilli(to to taste)
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- fresh mint sprigs, to garnish
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan, over medium hot heat.
- Add curry leaves, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. When the seeds start to pop add corriander, cumin, turmeric, salt, sugar and gram flour. Stir for a couple of minutes, the flour will start to bubble.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, green chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Mix, lower the heat to medium low and cook covered, stirring occassionally till the liquid has evaporated. (about 15 minutes)
- Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and mint.
- Serve with Aloo Tiki, Tamarind chutney and Green chutney.