Mango Chunda is a sweet, spicy and sour taste.
- 11/2 lbs raw Mango
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 5 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 lb grated raw Mango
- 1 lb sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chilli (or to taste)
- Wash Mangoes well and peel it.
- Grate it using a bigger size grater.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan, add the first 7 ingredients. When the seeds start to pop, add the mangoes and stir for 5 mins, till some of the liquid evaporates.
- Add the sugar, salt, and chillies, mix well and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. The sugar should have melted.
- Turn the heat to med and let it simmer, about 30 min. the syrup will have thicked and the mangoes will have crystallized(become see through).
- Transfer it into a jar, use as needed.