A very simple, delicious, and rich Halwa or fudge! These kind of sweet meats are usually made for happy occasions, eg weddings, religious festivals and dinner parties. You will find different recipes for this.
- 3 1/2 cups milk powder
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped or sliced almonds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan mix all the ingredients except almonds and it in the oven for five minutes.
- Stir and return the saucepan to the oven. Do this every 10 mins. (It takes about 1 hour to make it)
- After half an hour add half the almonds and mix.
- The mixture will start to bubble and the colour will slowly change to dark brown.
- Pour the mixture in an 8 x 8 inch cake tin, decorate with with remaining almonds and let it cool.
This Halwa can be made in a disposable pan(foil tray) and set in the same pan( pat it down with a spatula)
You can use nuts of your choice instead of the almonds.