- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp red chilly powder(optional)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cumin
- 1 small red onion
- 1 medium red or green pepper
- 1 jalepino, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- In a saucepan add beef, vinegar sugar, oregano, chillies, paprika, garlic and ginger paste, black pepper and cumin and cook on medium high heat, stirring and breaking the beef.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 mins., stirring it a couple of times, till most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the sliced onions, peppers, jalepino and cilantro.
- serve it on rice with Salsa
you can use any meat, I have used chicken ground.
- 8 oz chopped pitted dried dates
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 extra large eggs
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp golden syrup dark corn syrup
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Put the dates and water in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. When it starts to boil turn the heat to low and simmer for a couple of minutes. Let it stand for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the batter.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar and vanilla, till it is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Puree the date mixture in a food processor.
- Add the molasses and golden syrup and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture in three equal portions mixing until smooth after each addition.
- Add the hot mixture immediately to the batter and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured muffin tins and bake for about 18-20 min in a preheated 350 degree oven until the centre is just firm.
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes before serving over the baked pudding.
You can bake this cake in a bundt pan. Grease and flour it well. Bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for 55-60 min.
Serve it warm with Toffee sauce.
To grease the pan well:
Freeze the pan, then brush it with melted butter and dust it with flour or spray pam on it.