My Mum learnt how to make this dessert and many more when they moved to Kenya. She would often make the mixture and make cornflakes clusters on a cake liner and serve it as a chocolate. I was so proud of her for making us chocolates. This year I made the mixture with my grandson and we made it into a bird’s nest for easter.
- 3 oz butter
- 4 oz plain milk chocolate
- 2 tsp golden syrup
- 4 cups cornflakes
For the Easter Basket:
- Small Easter Eggs
- On low heat melt the chocolate.
- Add the butter and stir till the butter has melted.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a muffin tin, put 3 tbsp of mixture and spread it in the muffin tin, making it hollow in the centre.
- Let it set for a few hours.
- Take a hairdryer and warm the bottom of the muffin tin. Carefully take the baskets out.
- Put a few easter eggs in it.
- 500 ml whipping cream
- Fruit Apple or Pear, fresh or canned
- Grease 2 x 8” cake pans.
- Divide the mixture into the 2 pans, press it with the back of a spoon and let it set for 6 hours or overnight.
- Take a dryer warm the bottom of the pan and turn it over on a plate.
- Sandwich the 2 with half the whipped cream and fruit.
- Spread the rest of the cream on top and decorate with the remaining fruit.