- 2 Cornish Hen
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely crushed black pepper
- 2 tsp all purpose flour(optional)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot sauce
- Defrost the Cornish Hen In the refrigerator. It will take 24 – 36 hours.
- Cut it in half and rinse it in cold water. Dry it on paper towel.
- In a bowl mix garlic, ginger, salt, black pepper and all purpose flour. Toss the cornish hen in this marinade and let it rest for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the cornish hen on a baking tray and bake for about 45 minutes, or until done. It should be crispy on top.
- In a wok or a fry pan, melt the butter, add the Louisiana sauce and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Coat the chicken in this sauce and serve.
- You can serve it with chips, rice or roast potatoes.
- You can buy the Cornish hen at a supermarket in the frozen meat area.
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in thick slices.
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup Red Hot sauce(or to taste
2 tbsp bread crumbs
2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Mix everything together and bake at 400 degrees.
- You can bake it with the chicken.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can(20 oz) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup shelled pecans
- 1 pkg(8oz) butter-flavoured cookies
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconu
- 10 maraschino cherries
- In a medium bowl cream butter and sugar, stir in pineapple until blended.
- In a food processor, blender or food grinder chop raisins and pecans until ground coarse.
- Stir into pineapple mixture until well blended.
- Spread mixture on 3 cookies, stack and gently press together. Top with a plain cookie. repeat for 10 stacks, 4 cookies each.
- Place stacks on a tray or baking sheet. Cover it with plastic and refrigerate 8 hrs or overnight, until cookies are very soft.
- In a large bowl beat cream with sugar and vanilla until stiff.
- With narrow metal spatula spread sides and tops of the stacked cookies with the cream mixture.
- Gently pat and sprinkle with coconut to coat.
- Top each igloo with a maraschino cherry.
Refrigerate up to 3 days.
You can use Tea biscuits, Arrow root biscuits, Digestive Cookies too. I used Marie Biscuits and No Name brand because I like the size.
Spreading the filling on the cookies
Stacked cookies, ready to go in the fridge