Makes 24 – 30 cookies
- 1 3/4 all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground pistachio nuts
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white baking chocolate pieces
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachio nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, ground nuts and sugar. Using a pastry blender,(or with your finger tips) cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling together. Form mixture into a ball, knead until smooth. Divide dough in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of the dough into an 8 x 4 inch rectangle. Using a fluted vegetable cutter (crinkle cutter) or flutter pastry wheel, cut dough into 2 x 3/4 inch rectangles and/or 1 inch squares. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are barely browned. Transfer cookies to a wire racks and cool.
- Line cookie sheets with waxed paper, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, cook and stir white baking chocolate pieces and shorting over low heat until smooth. Dip one end or corner of each cookie into melted mixture. Place dipped cookies on prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle dipped portion with some of the chopped nuts. Chill about 15 minutes or until coating is set.
To Make Ahead
Prepare as directed. Place cookies in layers separated by wax paper in an airtight container, cover. Store in a cool, dry place up to 3 days. (Or place cookies in a freezer container; cover. Freeze for up to 1 month.)