- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup gram flour
- 1/2 cup semolina (Sooji)
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup berry sugar
- 1 cup melted ghee*
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- Mix the saffron in a tablespoon of water.
- Pre heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, sieve the dry ingredients together.
- Warm the ghee to about 100 degrees. (you should be able to dip your finger in).
- Pour the warm ghee on the dry ingredients, mix with your hands till it forms a ball.
- Take a small piece, and with you palms roll it in a ball, about an inch round and then flatten it a little.
- Place it in a greased baking tray 2 inches apart.
- With your finger tip make a dot in the centre.
- Bake it for 20 – 25 minutes or till light brown in colour.
Melt 3/4 lb Western Family Margarine. Let it simmer on low until all the water has burnt. About 20 minutes. The fat on top will be clear.