Soup is generally a warm food that is made by combining ingredients such as meat and vegetables with stock, juice, water, or another liquid. There are a few different kinds of soup such as clear soups, bisque, and chowder. Soups are similar to stews but have more liquid in them.
You can add grains, rice and lentils and paste to make it more filling.
When I was growing up, we only used fresh vegetables. We did not have frozen foods. If we had to use beans and peas when they were not in season, we would use dried beans, soaking them overnight and boiling them in the morning and then using them. You can add any vegetable of your choice for this soup.
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 med onion finely chopped
- 2 med tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 med potatoes peeled and cubed to 1/2 inch
- 1/4 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 cups frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 4 cups Water
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil. Add the onions and fry them till they are light brown in color(about 3 minutes)..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook them for a minute.
- Add the potatoes, oregano, salt and black pepper and cook for another minute.
- Add the frozen vegetables and water. When the water starts to boil, turn the heat down to medium and let it simmer for about half an hour.
Serve with toast or crackers.