Today I have decided to do my Christmas baking. This recipe for Shortbread was given to me by my neighbor in late 70.
I have tried a few other recipes but found this to be the best.
- 2 cups Butter
- 1 cup Berry Sugar
- 4-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Gradually add the flour. Turn this onto a floured surface and kneed till it cracks (about 20 minutes).
- Divide dough into 4 parts.
- Roll each quarter to 1/4 thickness.
- Cut in shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Put the cookies 1” apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degrees oven for 20 – 25 min.