Roasting the cauliflower brings out a depth of flavour in the gorgeous dip. Serve this hint of curry spread with pappadum, crudités or crackers.
Makes 3 cups
- 3/4 cup Balkan-style plain yoghurt(Greek yoghurt)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt, ground cumin and ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger and pepper
- 1 head cauliflower(about 2 lbs)
- 1 large onion cut into eighths
- 6 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, stir together 1/3 cup if the yoghurt, oil, curry powder, salt, cumin, coriander, ginger and pepper.
- Cut cauliflower into florets; add yoghurt mixture along with onions and garlic, tossing to coat.
- Spread on large greased baking tray; roast in 425 degree F(220) oven, stirring once, until tender and browned, about 40 minutes. Let cool.
- In food processor, puree together cauliflower mixture, remaining yoghurt and lemon juice until fairly smooth with a few chunks.
- Stir in cilantro.