- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 kale leaves
- 1/2 cup diced (1/4”) cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced (1/4”) carrots
- 1/2 cup diced (1/4”) red pepper
- 10 small cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 3 spring onions sliced very thin
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, Juice and zest
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan add the water, salt and quinoa and bring it to a boil on high heat.
- Lower the heat to mark 4 and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Quinoa will split open and will look like a sprouted seed. Let it cool completely.
- Remove the middle stalk from kale and chop the leaves into thin strips. Rinse it in cold water.
- Add everything together and mix it.