This is a recipe I found in the Vancouver Sun on Wednesday April 3. It is from the restaurant “Varadujula’s L’Attitude 49 in
- 4 oz sprouted mung beans
- 1/4 cup diced (1/4”) red onion
- 1/4 cup diced (1/4”) tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced (1/4”) gala or delicious apple
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced cucumber
- 2 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve in a chilled serving dish on a bed of lettuce.
To Sprout the mung bean soak it in cold water over night. In the morning drain and rinse it in cold water. Cover in an airtight container and store it in the fridge overnight.