This recipe is the most popular cake and most sought after recipe at UBC.
I got the recipe from “Treats to Remember” A collection of Special Recipe from the UBC Bakeshop.
- 1 cup butter 250 ml
- 2 cups sugar 500 ml
- 2 eggs, beaten 2 ml
- 1 tsp vanilla 5 ml
- 3 medium ripe bananas 3
- 3 cups flour 750 ml
- 2 tsp baking powder 10 ml
- 2 tsp baking soda 10 ml
- 1 cup sour cream 250ml
- 1 tsp cinnamon 5 ml
- 1/2 cup brown sugar 125 ml
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips 375 ml
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and bananas; mix until smooth.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda, add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with dry ingredients.
- Pour half the batter into greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar. Sprinkle half of this mixture over the batter in pan. Top with half of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.