- 1 lb prawns tails
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion diced 1/4”
- 2 tomatoes diced to 1/4”
- tsp green masala
- 1 tsp dhana Jeera
- 1/4 tsp haldi(turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 11/2 tsp salt
- 2 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Skin and devein the prawns (make a slit in the middle and remove the black vein). Add 1/2 tsp salt and juice of 1 lemon and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- In a wok or a medium saucepan heat the oil, add the cumin seeds and onions and fry the onions till they are transparent. Add the tomatoes, green masala, dhana jeera, heldi, salt and tomato paste.
- Let it cook on low heat, covered, stirring a couple of times for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse prawns in cold water and dry it on a kitchen towel, add this to the sauce and cook for about 5 min. The prawns will change color to pink and it will curl up.
- Add lemon juice and mix.
- Serve in a shallow dish sprinkled with cilantro.
Serve with chapatti or paratha.