- 8 oz. butter
- 8 oz. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 oz. milk to mix
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 pt raspberry or blue berry
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy, then beat in the eggs thoroughly.
- Sieve the dry ingredients and add them, with milk to give a soft dropping consistency.
- Put into paper baking cases or patty tins and bake in a moderate oven (375 degrees) for 25 – 30 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl whip the cream till it is thick.
- When the cakes are cold, slice a round from the top of each, and cut each round in half to form the butterfly wings.
- Fill the gap in the cake with whipping cream, and place the wings in position.
- Pipe a decorative band of cream between the wings to hold them in position.
- Put 3 raspberry/blueberry on top to decorate.