- 6 mandhas (paratha pastry)
- 1 cup chana dal
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 pkt spinach
- 1 tbsp green masala
- 1/2 tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped dhana(cilantro)
- 2 tbsp white flour
- 2 tbsp water
- Soak chana daal in cold water for 5 hours.
- Rinse it in cold water.
- In a saucepan bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the daal and boil for five minutes. Drain the water.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium saucepan. Add the cumin seeds.
- Add the defrosted spinach, green masala, crushed cumin seeds and black pepper, salt and the daal. Mix and cook stirring for about 10 min till the mixture is dry and the daal and spinach cooked. Let it cool.
- Make the paste by mixing white flour and water.
- Take a pastry and put 2 tbsp of the mixture in the centre of the pastry.
- Bring the opposite ends to the centre and stick it with the paste.
- Bring the other 2 sides in and tick it.
- Cook on preheated med heat tawa for about a min on each side.
- Brush with with and cook for another min on each side.
Serve with a dahi (yoghurt) chutney.