This is a recipe given to me by my Gwadary relatives. It is simple and tasty.
- 4 Halibut steaks
- 2 chopped onions
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp Green Masala
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground jeera
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp haldi
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup ambli chutney
- Rinse fish in cold water and leave it aside.
- In a medium fry pan over medium heat add all the ingredients except fish, and mix well.
- Place the fish on top of the masala and steam for about 10 min.
- Turn the fish and cook for another 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked. (The fish will change color to white and will start flaking when done).
- Turn off the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with brown rice or chapatti.