- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1 whole chicken breast,
- 2 tsp fish sauce, or shrimp or anchovy paste
- 1 carrot
- 1 small egg plant
- 1 red pepper
For the Red Curry Paste
- 1 med onion, peeled
- 1-2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 red chilies, deseed for milder curry, or
- 1 level tbsp red chili powder
- 1 2” piece ginger root
- 1 stalk lemon grass, chopped
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves or rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, roasted
- 1 tsp cumin seeds roasted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp chopped cilantro
To make the red curry paste:
- Put all the paste ingredients in a food processor and whizz them until well blended.
- Put the curry paste in a large pan whisk in the coconut cream. Bring to the boil slowly.
- Add the chicken and turn the heat down to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile slice the vegetables to 1/4”.
- Uncover, add the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes until the meat is cooked and sauce thickened.
- Stir in the fish sauce or paste and more coriander to taste.
- Serve with steamed rice.