(Called Lard Gai – Gai means Chicken in Thai)
- 1 lb organic mince chicken thigh
- 2 inch ginger cut into small matchsticks
- 1 tblsp garlic chopped fine
- 1/2 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar(or to taste)
- 1 Thai red chilli finely chopped or
- 1/2 tsp cayanne pepper(or to taste)
- 1 med shallot or red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime rind
- 1 tbsp honey and a little stevia(or sugar of your choice)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce(or to taste
- 1 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 3 Organic California Endives
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds or chopped cashew(optional)
- In a wok or a large frypan, on medium-high heat, cook the mince chicken breaking up the chicken with a wooden spoon. Add the ginger, garlic, heated chicken stock and cook for about 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add the rice vinegar and cook till the liquid has evaporated and the chicken is dry.
- Add the chilli, shallots, green onion, and lime juice and rind, honey and stevia(sugar) and fish sauce, cook for 2 minutes, transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add the lime juice and most of the basil and coriander to the warm mince mixture. Gently fold through, allowing the herbs to wilt.
- Taste and adjust chilli, sweetness and lime, let it cool.
- Rinse the endive and pat it dry.
- Fill the endive with the minced chicken.
- Sprinkle with basil coriander leaves and sunflower seeds(or chopped nuts )
Tamarind can be substituted for lime juice.
You can use home made chicken stock.