- 4 small potatoes
- 2 small Indian eggplant
- 125 gm frozen spinach(1/2 a pkt)
- 1 pkt(340gms) cluster beans(Gouver)(frozen)
- 1 pkt Lima beans(frozen)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seed
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tsp corriandar and cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp freshly crushed ginger
- 1/2 tsp freshly crushed jalepeno(or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder(optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in 8 wedges.
- Cut the small eggplant into 8 wedges.
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil, add the curry leaves, mustard seeds, fenugreek seed, and cumin seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start to pop add the tomatoes, coriander and cumin powder, turmeric powder, garlic, ginger, jalepeno, red chilli powder, salt and cook stirring for a minute.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, mix and cook it on medium for about 15 minutes, stirring once. The potatoes and eggplant should be soft when cooked.
- Sprinkle cilantro on it before serving.
- Serve with naan or chapattis.
You can use different vegetables for this, e.g. peas, green beans, corn.
The frozen vegetables can be bought in an indian grocery store or some Super Markets and Chinese groceries.