Gajjar Burfi is a delicious fudge made from carrots, butter and milk, sprinkled with almonds
and pistachios. It can be served as a dessert.
- 3 lb carrots
- 1/2 lb butter
- 1 lb powder milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamon seeds
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 20 strands saffron
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 1 tsp white poppy seeds
- Peel and grate the carrots (you should have 2 1/2 lbs)
- In large saucepan melt the butter and saute the carrots till most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the powder milk and mix well. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add, cardamon seeds, nutmeg powder, saffron, and evaporated milk, mix well.
- Put the saucepan in a preheated 350 degree oven. Stir it every 15 minutes 3 times.
- The mixture will be thick, mix well pour it into a 10 x 12 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle it with chopped nuts and poppy seeds.
- Let it set overnight, cut into squares or diamonds and serve.