The base is made with roasted potato slices that are topped with a crunchy walnut taco meat,
cashew sour cream, and salsa. If you do not have time to layer everything individually,
try plating the potato crisps on a large platter and layer everything all at once.
The walnut taco meat and cashew sour cream can be made a day or two in advance to save
some time. The crisps also make a fun and kid approved dinner.
2 russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4” slices
1 tbsp grapeseed oil(or oil of your choice)
Fine grain sea salt and freshly ground pepper
For the Walnut Taco Meat
1 cup walnuts toasted, (if preferred)
1 – 1/2 tsp chili ipowder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp fine grain salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 recipe cashew sour cream(recipe to follow)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 – 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- freshly ground pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degree.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the potato slices in a single layer on the baking sheet and drizzle them with oil.
- Rub the potatoes to disperse the oil evenly.
- Sprinkle the potatoes generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes for 30 – 35 minutes, flipping them once halfway through, until tender and lightly browned.
- Allow the potatoes to cool for 5 minutes before assembling.