- 24 sweet crepes
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2-1/2 tbsp turbinado sugar(raw sugar)
- Blend the cheese and strawberries together in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Using a hand mixer, add the heavy cream and confectioners sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Assemble the cake by placing one crepe on a flat surface such as a platter or cake stand. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of cream in a thin layer over the crepe. Top the cream with another crepe being sure there are no wrinkles and the crepe lays flat. Repeat with the remaining cream and crepes. Lightly cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator for 4 hours oe overnight.
- Remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle the top of the cake with the turbinado sugar. Using a kitchen torch, melt the sugar to create the crispy top.
- Decorate with whipped cream and strawberries.