- 1 cup unsalted butter (8oz)
- 1 cup powdered sugar(plus more for dusting)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl(or in the bowl of your stand mixer) cream butter and sugar together.
- Add the vanilla and salt and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour, mixing well after each addition. A thick dough will form.
- Add the chopped pecans and mix well.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of the dough and roll it into a ball and place it onto the cookie sheet. Continue until all the dough has been formed into balls. Place them onto cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 5 minutes then gently roll them in powdered sugar while still warm.
- Let it cool completely and then coat them in powdered sugar again.