- 4 oz goond
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying goond
- 2 Pkts sev (5.5 oz each)
- 1 lb butter
- 4 oz coconut
- 1/2 cup powder milk
- 1 lb almond flakes
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp cardamom coarsely ground
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp saffron threads
- 1/4 cup pistachios finely chopped as a garnish
- Heat oil in a fry pan and fry the goond. The goond will double in size and become transparent.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Break the sev and fry it in the butter for about 5 min. The sev will be dark and fluffy.
- Add the coconut and powder milk, cardamom, nutmeg, and saffron, fry for 2 min stirring all the time.
- Add the almonds, goond and condensed milk and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in a 9 x 12 baking tray and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the pistachio and cool it completly.
- Cut into squares or diamonds and serve.
- The Pak can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a month.
Note: You can bake the goond in the oven. Spread the goond on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees for 5 minutes.]
4 thoughts on “Sev Pak”
Hi.. is the end result a crunchy pak? Or am I frying the sev in butter too long? I fry it till it is medium brown.. I can taste the crunchy sev…
It is crunchy
Do you use salted or unsalted butter?
Also is this the thin sev?
Thin sev and unsalted butter.