Makes 16 squares
Ingredients For the Base
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the Icing
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese, softened(Mascarpone cheese is Italian Cream Cheese).
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 6 oz white chocolate, melted until completely smooth
- Heat Oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9″ square cake pan.
- Work together ingredients for base, either in a food processor or using your fingers, to make fine crumbs. Press into pan. Bake until cooked through, about 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, stir together the filling ingredients. Spread the mixture over the base when it comes out of the oven. Return to the oven, bake until set, about 25 mins. Cool completely on a rack.
- For the icing, beat the cream cheese, butter and melted chocolate until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the icing sugar, and finally, the lemon juice. Chill until spreadable, about 10 minutes.
- Spread the icing over the cooked walnut filling and cut into squares,
You can use cream cheese instead of Mascarpone cheese)