- 1 cup Bajra (millet flour)
- 1 tsp oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 lb Bhinda (okra)
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small onion, thinely sliced
- 1 small tomato
- 1/2 tsp dhana Jeera powder(coriander and cumin)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric(haldi)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp green Masala
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped jalapeño
- In a small bowl add the bajra, rub in oil and make a soft dough with the water.
- Kneed it well.
- Divide the dough into 15 small balls.
- On a paper towel, flatten the ball into a 2-1/2 inch small rotla.
- Cook this on a preheated medium hot tawa.
- Cook till it starts to change colour, about 2 min, flip it over and cook for 2 min.
- You can cook a few small rotlas at a time.
- Wipe the bhinda with a wet cloth.
- Cut them in rounds about a 1/2″ thick.
- Rub 1 tbsp oil and bake it in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes. They should be a little crispy.
- Heat oil in a medium frypan, add the cumin seeds and sauté the onions till they are transparent.
- Add the chopped tomato, dhana Jeera powder, haldi, salt, 1 tsp green masala, mix and cook covered, on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Add the baked Bhinda, mix well and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Mix half tsp green masala in yoghurt and leave it in the fridge.
- Mix the chopped onions, tomatoes, cilantro and jalapeño.
- Just before serving, spread a tsp of Bhinda mixture on the rotla, sprinkle it with the tomato mix and serve with yoghurt.