- 1 1/2 cup moong daal without skin.
- 1 medium onion
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp jeera(cumin seeds)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tbsp green masala
- 1 level tsp dhana jeera
- 1/4 cup haldi
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Rinse daal in cold water and soak it in cold water for an hour.
- Peel and dice the onions to a 1/4”.
- In a medium sauce pan heat the oil, add the jeera and onions and fry the onions till they are golden brown in color.
- Dice the tomatoes to a 1/4 inch and add this to the browned onion. Add the green masala, dhana jeera, haldi, and salt. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the daal.
- Add the water and the daal. When the water starts to boil turn the heat to medium and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring a couple of times in between. The daal is cooked when it is soft to the touch.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro before serving.
- Serve with Kari nu ras(mango)and rotli.