This is the Dessert for chocolate and coffee lovers!
I found this recipe in a chatelaine magazine in mid nineties. It is a good dessert on a warm day. It is a fancy way of serving ice cream.
- 4 cups Coffee ice cream
- 4 cups Chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 oz Bittersweet chocolate
- finely chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 Eggs
- 1-1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Coffee liqueur or brewed espresso
- 1 tsp Vanilla or rum extract
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat; stir in cocoa powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with sugar until pale and thickened; stir in coffee liqueur and vanilla.
- Fold in cocoa mixture, then flour. Pour into greased and floured 9” spring form pan; bake in 350 degrees oven for about 35 minutes or until set but still slightly jiggly in centre.
- Transfer to a rack; let cool for 1 hour. Remove sides from pan; let cool completely.
- Let coffee ice cream stand at room temperature for 20 min. or until softened.
- Line 9” diameter bowl with plastic wrap, leaving 3” overhang.
- Line bowl with even layer coffee ice cream, leaving 1” space at top.
- Freeze for about 30 min. or until firm.
- Fill with chocolate ice cream, pressing down and smoothing top, leaving 1” space at top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for about 2 hrs or until firm.
- In a small saucepan, heat whipping cream just until bubbles start to form around edge; remove from heat. Pour over bittersweet chocolate, stirring until melted. Let cool.
- Cut off any raised edges from top of brownie. Spread top with 1/4 cup of chocolate mixture. Invert brownie onto frozen ice cream, Pressing chocolate sauce against ice cream. Freeze for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove plastic wrap. Invert onto serving plate; remove bowl and plastic wrap.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the remaining chocolate mixture into piping bag. Working quickly spread remaining chocolate mixture over dome of ice cream and brownie. Freeze for about 30 min. or firm.
- Pipe chocolate mixture all over the bombe in squiggles. Freeze bombe for about 30 minutes or firm. ( Bombe can be covered loosely with plastic wrap and stored in rigid container in freezer for up to a week.)
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 min. before serving.
2 thoughts on “Mocha Ice Cream Brownie Bombe”
Tremendous things here. I am ver glad to peer
your post. Thank you a lot and I’m taking a look ahead to
contact you. Will yoou kindly drop me a mail?
I am glad you like my blog.