- 8 oz white flour
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 oz butter
- 2 oz raisins, currants, sultanas or any dried fruit
- 2 oz sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut butter into small pieces and rub into flour.
- Add the fruit and the sugar
- Add milk to the flour mixture and mix together with the blade of a knife to form a soft dough.
- Sprinkle a board with flour, turn out the dough, sprinkle with flour and knead very lightly and quickly with the tips of the fingers.
- Roll out dough to 1/2” thickness, cut rounds with 2” cutter, and place a little apart on a greased baking tray. Press the remaining pieces of dough together, knead very lightly, roll out, and cut into rounds.
- Brush over the tops of the round with milk.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 10 – 12 min.