- 1 lb pacific powder milk
- 6 oz all purpose flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 2 cup whipping cream(500Ml)
- 4 cups oil for frying
- 4 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground cardomom seeds
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- Put the milk powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add the all purpose flour and baking powder.
- Make a stiff dough with the whipping cream.
- Make small balls about 1 inch round.
- Heat the oil in a wok at 350 degrees.
- Deep fry the balls a few at a time (The balls will double in size) turning every few minutes to get an even colour. Fry till they are light brown in colour and doubled in size.
- Make a light syrup with sugar and 3 cups water.
- Add the spices and the colour.
- Add the warm balls in the warm syrup. Let it soak for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle it with almonds and Pistachio before serving.