- 1-6 Thai chillies(2 is hot, 6 is insane)
- 4-8 cloves garlic, to taste
- 1. tsp salt
- 3/4 cup fresh shrimps
- 1/2. cup palm sugar, to taste(you can also use brown sugar)
- 4 tbsp tamarind water, substitute 1 tsp of tamarind paste)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce or to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup snake beans, cut into 1- inch lenghts
- (or use regular beans)
- 4 cups green papaya, shredded
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- Pound chillies, garlic and salt in a mortar and pestle (or pulse in a food processor)
- Add shrimps and peanuts. Pound to a coarse paste.
- Put the paste in a bowl and add palm sugar, tamarind water, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Whisk together until dressing is well incorporated. The dressing should taste sour, salty, sweet and hot.
- Place cherry cherry tomatoes, beans and green papaya in a large bowl and bruise lightly with a fork.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Line a salad plate with lettuce leaves. Put the salad on the leaves and sprinkle with the nuts.