Green Masala is a mix of fresh garlic, ginger, jalapeno, cilantro and mint. In Indian cooking we always use garlic, ginger, jalapeno and cilantro; so blend all this in a blender and freeze it in an ice tray. When the masala is frozen put it in a zip lock bag or a plastic container and use as needed. You can also buy the masala from an Indian Grocery store or a Supermarket. You will find crushed Garlic and crushed Ginger at a Supermarket.
- 1/2 lb Garlic
- 1/2 lb Ginger
- 1/4 lb Jalapeno(or to taste)
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 bunch Mint
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- Peel the garlic and ginger(use a potato peeler to peel the ginger).
- Chop the jalapeno in big chunks.
- Rinse and chop the cilantro.
- Remove the leaves from the mint stem and rinse it.
- Put everything in a blender or a food processor and blend to a fine paste.
- Freeze it and use it as needed.