Makes 15 medium size cup cakes
- 8 oz butter
- 8 oz sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 8 oz all purpose flour
- 2 level tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar till it is light and fluffy about 5 min.
- Add one egg at a time beating well after each egg.
- Add vanilla essence and mix.
- Add baking powder to the flour, fold in flour, adding water to make a dropping consistency.
- With an ice cream scope, half fill the lined cup cake pan.
- Bake it on the middle self for 12 min or until done. (the cakes are done when, if you put the tooth pick in the centre of the cake and the tooth pick comes out clean).