Makes 5 dozens
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 4 oz flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a bowl put flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, at medium speed, beat butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture until well combined.
- Stir in oats and coconut until well blended, to make a stiff dough.
- Drop by slightly rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 inche apart, onto prepared cookies sheets.
- Bake 12 – 15 minute. Remove to wire rack; cool.