- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 Liter half and half (light cream)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- In a small saucepan add the sugar and the water. Mix it and boil it till it turns to chocolate brown.
- Pour this in an 8” x 3” round cake tin.
- In a large bowl mix the sugar, half and half, eggs, crushed cardamom seeds and nutmeg powder.
- Pour the custard on top of the caramel in the cake tin.
- Put a baking tray in the oven. Fill it half way with water and place the cake tin on the baking tray and bake for about one hour or when you put a tooth pick in the centre, it comes out clean,
- Let it cool.
- Before serving: cover the cake tin with a plate (plate should be bigger than the cake tin) and turn it over. The custard should come out.
- You can make this dessert the day before and store it in the fridge. To remove: Fill a flat bottom bowl (the kitchen sink is perfect) with hot water. Put the cake tin in the hot water for about 5 minutes and then transfer it into a plate.