- 8 oz butter
- 8 oz sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz white flour
- 2 level tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup luke warm water
- 4 tbsp strawberry Jam
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the white flour and baking powder, together with the water to give a dropping consistency.
- Pour the mixture into 2 greased 8″ round cake tin and bake for about 20 min or until done.
- Cool on a wire cooling tray, sandwich with the jam and decorate with icing sugar.
To test cake: –
- press gently with a finger, if no impression remains cake is cooked.
- Prick it with a tooth pick and if the tooth pick comes out clean the cake is done.
Substitute 1 oz cocoa for flour.
Add 2 oz coconut
Orange or lemon
add zest of 1 orange or 1 lemon and the juice.
One thought on “Victoria Sandwich Cake”
Thank you for sharing. I’m in London my mother passed away. Did the recipe for Sufro. Every body loved it. Again thanks for your seva