- 8 oz butter
- 8 oz sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz white flour
- 2 level tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup luke warm water
- 4 tbsp strawberry Jam
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the white flour and baking powder, together with the water to give a dropping consistency.
- Pour the mixture into 2 greased 8″ round cake tin and bake for about 20 min or until done.
- Cool on a wire cooling tray, sandwich with the jam and decorate with icing sugar.
To test cake: –
- press gently with a finger, if no impression remains cake is cooked.
- Prick it with a tooth pick and if the tooth pick comes out clean the cake is done.
Substitute 1 oz cocoa for flour.
Add 2 oz coconut
Orange or lemon
add zest of 1 orange or 1 lemon and the juice.