Makes 2 loaves
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups white flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix baking soda with buttermilk and leave it aside for about ten minutes . The mix should double.
- In a large mixing bowl mix white flour and sugar.
- In a blender or a foodprocessor blend 1/2 cup walnuts, add the bananas and egg and puree it. Add this to the flour mix.
- Melt the butter and add to the mix.
- Add the buttermilk and mix everything together.
- Divide this into 2 greased loaf pans, sprinkle the chopped nuts and bake for 50 minutes.
- The bread is done when a tooth pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.