This recipe is from the Hello Magazine and is by a Norwegian food writer Signe Johansen. This is a wheat free cake.
- 4 oz butter
- 1 oz golden casters sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium Eggs
- 8 oz ground almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ sp salt
- 6 oz fresh or frozen blackberries
- 6 oz summer berries to serve (optional)
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degree F and lightly oil a 23-cm-round cake pan.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time along with a tablespoon of ground almonds to stop the mixture from splitting..
- Mix the rest of the ground almonds with the baking powder, ground cardamom and salt in a medium bowl, and then use a large metal spoon to fold these dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Stir until just blended. Add the blackberries and stir once or twice more to incorporate them. Pour the cake mixture into the prepared pan and bake on the middle oven rack for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cake has risen, looks golden brown and feels firm to the touch.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack before turning out.
Serve this cake either on its own or with mixed summer fruits pile on top and with sour cream or crème fraise. This is quite a moist cake, so it will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight tin or wrapped in foil.