- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped Green Onions
- 1 cup finely chopped Green Pepper
- 1 tsp finely chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped Ginger
- 1 tbsp Tabasco
- 1 tsp freshly ground Cumin
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 chicken cut up in 10 pieces
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup whipping cream*
- In a saucepan heat the oil and sauté the onions and green pepper till they are transparent.
- Add garlic, ginger, Tabasco, cumin, tomato, tomato paste and lemon juice and salt . Cook on medium heat for about 5 min.
- Remove the skin and fat from the chicken and rinse it in cold water.
- Add the corn, chicken, chicken stock and cook on medium heat, covered, till the chicken is cooked about 20 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream before serving.
Serve with rice or bread.
*A can of evaporated milk can be used instead of whipping cream.
The chicken is cooked when the meat changes colour and it is firm to the touch.