Raw Goond, Fried Goond, Kas Kas Crushed Almonds and Pistachios
- 1 1/4 lb butter
- 1 lb powder milk
- 1 lb unsweetened coconut
- 4 oz almonds crushed
- 4 oz goond
- 2 cups oil for frying goond.
- 1/2 tsp each, elechi and jeifer
- 2 cans condensed milk
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds and pistachio
- 2 tbsp kas kas(poppy seeds)Instructions
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter, add the powder and mix well.
- Put the saucepan in the preheated 350 degree oven. Every 15 minutes take it out mix and return the saucepan to the oven. Repeat it 2 more times. The mixture will be light brown in colour.
- Bake the coconut in the oven at 350 degree till light golden colour, about 20 minutes.
- In a wok heat the oil to 350 degrees and fry the goond
- Add the nuts, goond, elechi, Jeifer and saffron and the condensed milk to the saucepan and mix.
- Return the saucepan to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Pour the mixture in a 13 x 9 inch cake tin, smooth the top, sprinkle with almonds, pistachio and kas kas.
- Let it set overnight.
- Cut the Pak in squares and serve.
Pak can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a month.