- 2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch yellow colouring
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz sev (Fine Vermicelli, Misco brand)
- 1 tbsp golden raisins, (optional)
- 20 strands saffron
- 1/2 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds and pistachio
- Preheat the oven to 300 degree.
- Boil water, sugaar and food colouring to a light syrup, for about 5 minutes till the sugar has melted.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter, add the broken vermicelli and saute in buteer on medium heat until golden brown in colour.
- Add the raisins andd cook for a minute till the raisin pops.
- Add the light syrup, saffron, cardamom seeds and nutmeg to the vermicelli.
- Continue cooking on low heat until almost all the water has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk and cook in the oven for about 0 minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and pistachios.
- Serve with Papadum, kebabs or samosa.