- 6 med potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 5 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp rye(mustard seeds)
- 1/4 tsp jeera(cumin seeds)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp green masala
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro for decoration.
- Boil the potatoes till they are half done. About 10 minutes. Peel them and cube them to 3/4 inch.
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil, add the curry leaves, rye and cumin. When the rye starts to pop add the rest of the ingredients except cilantro. Mix well.
- Add the potatoes mix, cover and cook for another 10 min till the potatoes are cooked through.
- Sprinkle cilantro before serving.
- Serve with BBQ chicken or meat.