Fruit and Vegetable Mix
- 2 raw Mangoes
- 1 lb carrots
- 1/2 lb Jalepeno or other hot chilli
- 2 tbsp salt
- 10 dried apricots(cut into quarters)
- 10 dried apple rings(cut into quarters).
- 2 cups oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1-2 inch piece cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup crushed rye
- 1/2 cup crushed methi
- 1/2 cup crushed dhana seeds
- 1/2 cup haldi
- 1/2 cup red chili
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 lb Jaggery(Goor)chopped into small pieces
- Rinse and cut the Mangoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Peel and cut the carrots into 2 x 1/4 inch sticks.
- Cut the Jalepeno into quarters.
- Add the salt and leave it overnight.
- In the morning drain the liquid, spread it on a cookie sheet and let it dry in the sun for a day.
- Heat oil, add black pepper, cloves, cinnamon stick, garlic slices.
- Let the oil cool, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Let it rest for 2 days stirring everyday.
- Add the dried fruit and vegetable, mix well.
- Let it rest for a few days, at room temperature, till the jaggery melts, before you serve.
Note: If you live in the western world, you can use a dehydrator to dry your Fruit and Vegetables.
You can cover it with cheese cloth and leave it out in the sun.