- 2 1/2 lt homo milk
- 2 lb. sugar
- 1/2 tsp yellow coloring (optional)
- 1 1/2 lb butter
- 2 lb sooji
- 1/2 lb powder milk
- 1/2 lt boiling water
- 1 tsp saffron
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 1 can (370ml) evaporated milk
- In a large saucepan boil the milk. Add the food coloring and sugar and mix well.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and fry the sooji till it turns golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add the powder milk and fry for 5 min.
- Remove from the heat and add boiling water. Stir well.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and add the milk mixture, stirring well.
- Lower the heat to low. Add saffron, nutmeg and cardamom and continue to cook.
- When almost dry, add the evaporated milk and put the saucepan in the preheated 300 degree oven for half and hour.