- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups rice
- 3 cups hot water
- In a large saucepan heat the oil and fry the onions on medium hot heat,
till they are transparent.
- Add the red pepper, tomatoes, cumin, chilly powder, oregano and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and cook for 5 min, stirring.
- Add the hot water cover and simmer for 20 minutes or till most of the liquid is absorbed.