- 1 cup bajra flour(millet)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Heat up the tawa on medium. (The tawa has to be warm before you put the Rotla on it. Sprinkle some water on the tawa and if the water disappears fast, the tawa is ready).
- In a small bowl add the bajra and rub in the oil.
- Make a dough with the water.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface, form it into a ball.
- Draw a 6″ circle on a piece of wax paper or paper towel.
- Flatten the ball to a 6″ round. (You can sprinkle some flour on it and roll it into the circle.
- Pick it up with the paper and flip it onto the tawa.
- Let it cook for a couple of minutes and you will see the colour change. With a spatula turn it over. Sprinkle some water on it and cook for 2 minutes. Turn it one more time, leave it for 2 minutes, remove it from the heat.
- Spread it with butter and serve.